The grapes are handpicked and sorted by hand. Maceration last around 2 weeks with the extraction carried out mainly via pumping over operations (remontage) in order not to extract too much bitterness. The grapes are entirely destemmed. The wines are aged for 16-18 months in French oak barrels, of which around 20% are new.
The soil is composed of clayey alluviums and a mixed of stones which can be ferruginous. The bedrock is composed of dry sand very beneficial for the vine culture.
Bright ruby color. Very supple and delicate wine, shows a light tannins structure. The nose and the mouth are very fruity (red berries) and fresh. With a bit of ageing it will show some jammy and slighty spicy notes.
Thanks to its finesse can be easily pair with a wide range of dishes. It can be enjoyed during a whole meal from cold cuts to cheese…
Vintage 2014 :
- Silver medal concours Féminalise 2016
- Silver medal Decanter 2016 - 90 points
- Silver medal IWC 2016
- Guide Hachette 2018 page 483
- Platine medal Decanter 2020 - 89 points
- Gold medal Concours des Feminalise 2021
Vintage 2019 :
- Platine medal Decanter 2021 - 89 points
- WineEnthusiast - 91 points
- Gold medal Concours des Feminalise 2022