The grapes are picked and sorted by hand. Maceration lasts 3-4 weeks, usually with 40-50% of the grapes whole. The wines are aged for 16 -18 months in French oak barrels, of which around 50% are new.
The climat is situated at the top of an east-facing slope. The terrain is mainly chalky brown soil, with nuances of marl. This climat in Fixin is located alongside the Les Arvelets « lieu-dit ». The area used to be just fields. « Hervelet », like « Arvelet », is a diminutive of « Arve » in Old French and « Arva » in Vulgar Latin, meaning « fields ».
The wine reveals lovely fruity aromas such as blackcurrants and morello cherries, as well as floral aromas such as peonies, along with dashes of pepper. On the palate, its black fruit aromas, typical of the Pinot Noir, subtly blend with the « wilder » flavours. This wine displays a good tannic structure and can either be enjoyed when young or after a few years’ bottle ageing.
Meat and game, strong-flavoured dishes, cheeses.
Vintage 2011 :
- Burgondia d'Or 2014
Vintage 2012 :
- Silver medal Féminalise 2014
- Guide Gault & Millau 2015 : 15,5/20
- Gold medal concours général agricole de Paris 2015
Vintage 2013 :
- Silver medal Concours Général Agricole de Paris 2016
- Bronze medal International Wine Challenge 2015
- "Coup de coeur" Guide Hachette 2016 page 428
- Silver medal Concours des vins ELLE à Table 2016
Vintage 2015 :
- Wine Enthusiast : 93/100
- Gold medal Concours Général Agricole de Paris 2018