The grapes are picked and sorted by hand. Maceration last around 3 weeks with extraction carried out via pumping over and punching down operations. The grapes are entirely destemmed. The wines are aged for 16-18 months in French oak barrels, of which 40% are new.
The parcels tend to be located to the north of the Beaune vineyards, where the soil is composed of fairly deep clay.
Les Cents Vignes: In 1251, it was mentioned in the Martyrology of Notre-Dame de Beaune: Super vineam suam de Sanvignes (above its/his Sanvignes vineyard) Later, the name Sanvignes no longer made sense, as this parcel was not « sans vigne » (without vines)! Although it continued to be pronounced the same, the spelling of the name changed to show that there were indeed vines: « Les Cents Vignes », hundreds of them!
Bright, ruby red hue. Very fruity on the nose, bursting with blackcurrants, red currants and blackberries. Lovely substance on the palate, a rich, complete and well-balanced wine. Beautiful length and very fine tannins.
Elaborate dishes, cow and goat cheeses.
Vintage 2010 :
- Bourgogne Aujourd'hui 2011 : 16/20
- Silver medal concours des Féminalise 2012
- 90/100 Wine Enthousiast 2013
- Gold medal Gilbert & Gaillard 2014
Vintage 2011 :
- Silver medal concours général agricole de Paris 2014
- Bronze medal Decanter 2014
- Bourgogne Aujourd'hui 2013 : 15/20
Vintage 2012 :
- Silver medal concours général agricole de Paris 2015
- Gold Burgondia 2016
Vintage 2013 :
- Bourgogne Aujourd'hui n°125 d'Octobre 2015 : 16,5/20